Friday, September 3, 2010

My Opinion is Not Relative

In case you were wondering, my opinion isn't relative.

It won't change based on the color of the person, their sex, their sexual persuasion, whether I'm related to them or if they happen to be in the room.

I'm not out to offend anyone.

I'm not out to make people angry with me.

I'm not attempting to be pious or haughty or holier-than-thou.

I've done practically everything someone could think of to do that might require a quick test of common sense. And, I've erred on the "WATCH THIS!" side*.

And, I know the consequences. And they suck. And I'd hate to see anyone put themselves through unnecessary pain. So, I speak up. At the risk of sounding like someones mother whom they hate and wish would shut.up.now.

So, know that my heart is not full of venom when you ask me how this applies to you, hoping you'll get a pass and some preferential treatment from my opinion because a) the same blood flows between us or b) you've known me forever or c) you do my hair.

No such luck, buckos. We all get the same. And, someday, I think we'll be glad that's the case.

It's getting through the here and now that's the hard part.






*Someone, somewhere said "How can you tell a trip to the ER is coming up?" Listen for the phrase "Watch this!" Oh.so.true.

No comments:

Post a Comment