Monday, September 27, 2010

Dirty House Comparisons

It seems I am thriving on back-handed compliments lately. This one took me about 36 hours to properly process and go "WAIT A COTTON-PICKIN' MINUTE!":

"I feel really good about the state of our house after being in there!"

This comment was delivered with a wink and a grin by my hubby.

THERE was the pseudo-house/trailer at the back of the wildlife refuge where the capuchin monkey and lion cub were kept. And, apparently, where exhausted employees hung out to watch satellite TV, drink carbonated beverages, and catch a little shut-eye when tired.

I think their maid didn't show up. For, like, the last twelve years.

It looked like a frat house after a Saturday night. And, I'm sure, if you were waking up from a bender and saw the lion cub and diapered monkey, you'd wonder if the alcohol needed a few more hours to wear off.

So, a comparison to our house is a little stretch. But, apparently, in the wisdom of my age, I'm taking this at face value, as a compliment.

Now, where is that damn monkey? I need him to fetch me a cold one from the keg....

No comments:

Post a Comment