Friday, August 13, 2010

To Pee or Not to Pee...

As a "reward" for doing a good job during reading training today, The Babe and I decided to take on "Cat and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore".

I knew I was in trouble the first time I saw the trailer and the nod to the James Bond, pre-pubescent, not-at-all-predictable-but-totally-despicable sub-title Pussy Galore. All announced in a cigarette-laced, deep-voiced, trailer dude's voice.

And, after it was all over? I have to say it was about as original as the ripped off title.

But, maybe that is just the "I wish I could see an adult movie of my choice sometime before 2015" part of me talking?!*

The best part of the whole theatrical experience, though, occurred as we were about to find out if cats or dogs would rule. The Babe hopped over to my lap and announced he had to pee but he didn't want to leave before the show ended.

So, we stayed and he held on for dear life. Literally**.

And, once the credits had rolled, he stood up and started down the stairs yelling "Look out! Captain Pee is coming.*** Pee. Pee. CAPTAIN PEE!!!!****"

I guess I really deserved that after ditching Mike last week when Captain Poo was in the building and I practically ran to the door of the restaurant.



*Not.

**What is it about kids that they think (accurately) that they can "stem the tide", just by grabbing their bodies?

***Captain Pee? Note to self: no more action hero movies for him.

***Thank goodness for loud music.

No comments:

Post a Comment