Friday, April 23, 2010

Thank You. Thank You Very Much.

I recently got the following reactions from my husband:

"WOW!" (Complete surprise.)

"Way to go, honey!" (Genuinely congratulating me.)

"Wow." (A little shocked.)

"What possessed you to do that?" (Concerned that we were about to have company. Or that I had been diagnosed with some strange, flesh-eating bacteria that had bore into my brain and was now controlling my very core.)

"That's great." (Totally resolved that I have, obviously, embraced my status as a TRUE stay-at-home Mom. One who takes a daily trip to Whole Foods just for the face time with the kind employees. Who walks the dogs to get out from the maize yellow walls that are closing in on me in the dining room. The one who doesn't have a bottle of wine in the house.)

What did I do to deserve all the adulation?

I mopped.*



*I told you I'm not Suzy Homemaker. Do you believe me NOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment