Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break

As I knock wood, I pen the following: we've made it through Spring Break, save 33 hours, and haven't had a major injury.

Considering we've climbed trees, had "stick" fights*, run on concrete paths, fed wild animals, cycled, ice skated, and played mini golf**, I'd say we've done pretty well.

But, given that there are still 33 hours ripe for the picking, I'm not counting my chickens.

And I'm sure as heck not taking 911 off speed dial.

*When the H''l are the fine sanitation people from the City of Dallas going to pick up the bulk trash from our Winter storm? Every stinkin' one of the stupid sticks used in these fights has come from some pile of tree limbs that is just waiting to be taken away to the dump. Don't these people know this is hazardous material sitting on our curb sides?

**I know, I know. This seems like I am playing "One of these things doesn't belong here" from Sesame Street. That is, until you consider that mini golf is played with a club. And The Babe has a vicious swing. And he isn't afraid to use the club as a weapon if his brothers try to tell him he made a five, not a two, on any given hole.....

No comments:

Post a Comment