Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Worth It???????!!!!!!

It's Day Three of THE DIET, PART XXI. And I have hunger pains.

I keep reminding myself that everyone gets them. Right?! This is a normal part of the process. Something I have to work through and get past.

But, tonight, I have hunger pains with the munchies. I would take just about anything crunchy, sweet, salty, chewy or covered with a bottle of Tabasco. I'm that desperate.

Instead of eating, I'm writing to you, my dear readers, because you are the biggest reason I won't be grabbing the entire bag of Lay's and munching until I puke.*

I've tried drinking away my problems.** Not working.

I've tried ignoring my stomach. Which sounds like something has crawled into it and is making very sad, low, moaning sounds.

I've even tried to appease my tummy by reminding it that we'll get another meal in less than 12 hours. And that our snack was heavy in protein and was only an hour ago.

But, nothing, and I mean NUTTIN' HONEY***, is helping my situation.

I told you I was going to get hungry. I'm just not cranky.

Yet.****


*See, I know you. If I fail at this little task of losing weight, you won't let me forget. And, when I succeed (don't you like that I'm using encouraging language with myself?), I'll be too ashamed to continue my tradition of buying Little Debbie Nutty Buddy Bars and eating two packages before getting home, for fear I'll have to admit I gained all the weight back.

You are my Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers all rolled up into one big ball. And, bonus! You, unlike other weight-loss programs, provide all the shame for FREE!

**Unsweetened tea.

***OH, cereal. What I wouldn't give for just one bowl.....

****I guarantee that is coming. And my post when that happens? Gonna be a humdinger.

3 comments:

  1. Well, in the interests of providing true accountability - what's your weight loss goal? I ask only in the interests of professional measurement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! I totally know that feeling where you drink a gallon of water because the Weight Watchers lady says, "when you think you're hungry, drink some water. If you are TRULY hungry, it will come back. If it doesn't, then you weren't really hungry." I end up water logged AND hungry every 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig-33 pounds on my most insane days...when I'm more sane and not hungry, it's really more like 20.

    UGH.

    Mama Bear-I actually love WW. I've lost weight between babies using their program and heard every pep talk known to their meetings. It would likely be easier to just rejoin but I'm too lazy to do that, for some reason. Given the above goals, that may still happen.....

    ReplyDelete