Sunday, March 14, 2010

Awesome! A Stomach Virus

There are very few times in my life that I've opened the door, invited in, and asked a stomach virus to stay.

The one that came home with The Babe and took up residence for a day, moved up the sibling chain to Bigger Brother's room for the next day, then finally settled in our room? I am in love with that dude!

He gave me the perfect excuse not to eat dinner one night last week. He also gave me reason to go to bed at 4pm. The combination of not eating and getting extra sleep gave me the confidence to have ice cream when I felt better.

SSSSCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yeah. I'm stupid. And I'm admitting it to you.

There are so many times I've exercised and followed it by fries, a Frosty, or a Route 44 Coke. Whatever calories I burned were quickly reintroduced to my body with a hearty slap on the back and a "HEY! Didn't you just sweat to get rid of us?"

This time, though, I'm doing my best not to use stomach bugs, exercise, or obnoxious behavior by my children as an excuse for diving into something my body doesn't need.

Obviously, though, habits don't set in with me after one attempt.

SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment