Sunday, January 31, 2010

Solicitation, Cha Cha Cha

Solicitation, cha cha cha
Solicitation, cha cha cha
Some people think it's funny
But it's really brown and runny
Solicitation, cha cha cha

If I have catapulted you back to days on the playground, peppered by snacks, naps and ABCs, I've accomplished my purpose. I was hoping you could understand how I was feeling.

When I answered the phone this morning, some person starting belching information about "such and such party" in the state that "needs my $100 support" to "fight the good fight". Only a five-year-old could stand such a call. My children might counteract the ridiculousness with the diarrhea song. Being an adult, though, I had to suppress the urge to bust a move whilst screaming these lyrics into the phone.

Hey! News flash! The person who does my massage once a year needs my $100 support, too. But she doesn't call me at home and interrupt my day to spew massage rhetoric and ask for my support. And, by golly, she KNOWS I need a good massage, most definitely more often than I currently receive one, to fight the good fight I deal with on a daily basis as a Mother.

Let's just get one thing straight in this election year: The Temptations weren't talking about political candidates when they wrote "Ain't Too Proud to Beg".

And, since I don't have caller ID, I'll be picking up the phone next time you call. Please use your manners and ASK if I want to hear your little speech. I'll tell you "no", we can mutually agree to part ways like civil folk, and you'll save yourself larynx exhaustion. And I won't come one step closer to committing hari-kari.

I think that's a policy we can ALL agree upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment