Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bribery in Hell

"First, he whacked me, like five times with his stinky gym bag while I was trying to tie my shoe" This is coming from middle son, with the beginnings of stinging tears in his eyes. "Then, he wouldn't quit, and he said he'd tell if I didn't give him a dollar. HE TRIED TO BRIBE ME!"

I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out WHAT in the conversation was bribery material. The rest of the story, as they say, came from my oldest.

"Yes, I whacked him with the gym bag. I already said I was sorry for that. But, he said I should be in Hell."

Yet, my oldest left out the crucial bit of information that he told his brother, for a measly dollar, he could acquire a "Get out of Jail Free" card and have his little exorcism-like comment purged from memory.

If this were a headline in the Dallas Morning News, it would say "Brother whacks sibling with gym bag and is sentenced to Hell. Bribery charges against whacker being considered."

I quote Mike on this "Well, at least he didn't say he should GO to Hell."

We Nowells are quite adept at finding the silver lining in every stinkin' cloud.


Editor's note: Both boys asked the other for forgiveness and, begrudgingly, hugged each other. By the time carpool arrived, they were laughing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment