Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tutankhamun

A smallish voice calls from the backseat of the car "Mommy? What are you going to be for Halloween?"

"I think I'll just go as a Mommy."

A logical voice responds "You'll need toilet paper."

A perplexed voice answers "Why would I need toilet paper?"

I hear this response "Because mommies have lots of toilet paper."

I'm still WAY out of touch with what he is talking about, so I ask "What do we do with the toilet paper?", hoping to clarify the situation.

The answer made perfect sense "You know. They wrap it all around their bodies and tape it."

OH. MUMMIES. You've gotta love the English language, the blessed speak that allows the change of one vowel to completely screw up communication.

No, dear, I won't be wrapping my body in Charmin on Saturday. I'll be a MOMMY for Halloween. Not King Tut.

No comments:

Post a Comment