Wednesday, July 22, 2009

HGTV's unfortunate programming decision

If you are like me, inspiration comes at odd hours and I often don't have control over it. Take the night/morning this blog was born: I created the site and wrote six entries right then. Who knew I had so much pent up writing inside of me?


Which brings me to my topic: HGTV. I love HGTV. I pretty much love anything that has to do with decorating, redecorating, looking at houses, cooking, etc. But, the people at HGTV have made a colossal mistake. Or, maybe they just don't get people like me*; if they did, at 3am they wouldn't put up that heinous message that says "Good Night from HGTV" and turn the station over for TWO AND A HALF HOURS to "Paid Programming" (Billy Mays will live on FOREVER if I can't get this oversight corrected! Oh, the horrors.)


I'm reduced to either:


1) putting the pedal to the metal and getting the project done without the fun of watching Candice Olson, The Iron Chef, or Carter Oosterhouse while I work -OR-

2) going to bed and not being able to sleep because I haven't finished my project.


Is there a good answer here, folks? I think not.


So, later today, after my tall cuppajoe, a good workout at the gym, and a few cartoons*, I'll attack this problem by sending HGTV an email detailing how their messed up programming is having a negative impact on my life.


Do you think they'll give a YIP?


*In about four hours I'll be stopping by Exxon for my 24-ounce coffee. And my bladder WON'T thank me.....


**A treat for the kids; sleepytime for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment